Last week we teamed up with StagedoorApp to organise a Blogger’s trip to see ‘The Go-Between’ at the Apollo Theatre in London.
Michael Crawford plays Leo Colston, a man who can no longer hide from the memories of his past.
Memories of the gloriously hot summer of 1900 and of his days spent in Norfolk come flooding back. Spending the holidays with his school friend Marcus in their luxurious country home, the young Leo finds himself acting as the go-between for the beautiful upper-class Marian (Gemma Sutton) and tenant-farmer Ted (Stuart Ward) who are embroiled in a secret love affair against the wishes of the formidable Mrs Maudsley (Issy Van Randwyck). The innocent Leo gets caught up in the adult world of deceit and manipulation as he risks everything in this deeply moving coming of age story.
The events of that summer and the devastating effects of love denied will shaped his life forever.
We organised this trip in conjuction with STAGEDOOR who have developed a rather interesting smartphoneapp which is useful for every regular (and not so regular) theatre go-er:
– Discover everything about the theatre performances you want to see and save them in your calendar.
– Tailor-made, socially driven discovery process.
– Select from 12 theatre-specific categories to discover all London’s performances and receive personalised recommendations.
– Follow venues, directors, writers, and cast so that you always know what they are up to.
- Shaun’s Musical Musings
- Love London Love Culture
- Lou Reviews
- Thoughts of an Over Thinker
- Musical Theatre Musings
- Theatre South East
We thank StageDoorApp for the opportunity to join them on this trip. You can find all our reviews from the links above.